lichess.org
Donate

There is a special place in hell for those abandoning games

I know it's a bit of a rant, but I just feel appalled at the lack of sportsmanship some people exhibit. I never, ever abandon a game just because I lost, even if I'm upset for a blunder. It's easy to click "resign" instead of simply leaving. It's awful having to wait for many minutes just because someone decided to leave. Isn't there a way to make the system more sensitive/better at understanding when someone has left the game?
It happens often. I think those losers are hoping that you'll forfeit the game allowing them to pick up points.

I mostly play three minute blitz games which allows me to wait for their clock to run down without getting too frustrated.

Maybe you could start another game by opening another window.

But having to put up with those cheats is painful indeed.

Hell, however, might be just a little bit over the top. Ha, ha.
It also happens like this:

I am winning but left 5 seconds and he/she has 1 minutes or so.
Opponent is just waiting a lot and a lot for his/her losing moves to just catch you distracting with anything else in house or in comp.

So just watch them to consume entire time. Don't leave the board or open any other tab in your browser just because a few seconds left for him. wait till end.
I really upsets me too.
How about adding a 'Claim victory' button, that is automatically being reset when the opponent makes a move, or clicks a 'Deny loosing' button after a certain time?
Or something to that effect.
Does Admin read this?
And I'm no less annoyed by jokers offering a draw in a hopeless position.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.