lichess.org
Donate

using chess960 to measure hability in multisports

Hi, all.

I'm trying use chess (in fact, chess 960) in a multisport competition. In my opinion, lichess IS THE BEST WAY to do it.
However, I noticed AI uses random decisions - usual to AI's (I tested it by using undo button - each time, the AI chooses a different move).
Is there a feature to break this random decision?
So, if two different competitors play the same move (!), the AI will play the same game to two players.

Thanks.
Cézar Freitas
Play a stronger AI level. Low level AIs are only weak because they are forced to throw in bad/random moves.
Thanks, Clarkey. I supposed that. Nice.

But the players are amateurs - If them play in stronger levels almost all of them will lose - so I couldn't compare chess performance to another sport (like run 100m or distance jump). I thank suggestions of everybody.

Thanks.
If you want something to be exactly the same for every competitor, I would do a series of mating puzzles. These can be set up to respond precisely with all the best moves, and if the player does the wrong move, fail them.

Better yet, do a series of 3 forced win endgames in which the player must only play precisely to win. The computer can be on maximum level since it's already a lost game, but of course then if the player makes the wrong moves, it will still play precisely and therefore would always respond with the same move.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.